The allocation of seats carries the following categories of reservation:
1. Scheduled Castes (SC): 21 percent of the total seats in the Institution.
2. Scheduled Tribes (ST): 02 percent of the total seats in the Institution.
3. Other Backward Classes (OBC) : 27 percent of the total seats in the Institution.
3. Children/War Widows of Defence Personnel Killed/Disabled in Action (CW):
4. Horizontal Reservation (Sub-category available in each category):
(i) Dependents of freedom fighters from U.P. (UPFF): 02 percent of the total seats in the Institution
(ii) Sons / Daughters of defence personnel of U.P. either retired (superannuated) or killed / disabled in action or defence personnel posted in U.P. (UPAF): 05 percent of the total seats in the Institution.
(iii) Physically Handicapped / Disabled of U.P. (UPHC): 3 percent of the total seats in the Institution.
(iv) Girls of U.P. (UPGL): 20 percent of the total seats in the Institution.
1. In the case of category SC and ST, the vacant seats are interchangeable.
2. In case sufficient numbers of eligible candidate from the categories mentioned at OBC above are not available, the vacancies will be treated as unreserved in the respective region.
3. The reservation under UPFF category is available only to such candidates who fall under the above listed four priorities.
4. It is the sole responsibility of the candidate to prove his/her eligibility for claiming reservation under any of the reserved categories. The candidates under SC/ST/OBC/UPFF/UPHC reserved categories will be required to produce the original certificate of the respective reserved category issued by the competent authority (as listed in clause 3.6) the time of counseling. If the category certificate is not found to be in order, no benefit of the reserved category will be given.
Candidates applying for any reserved seat as mentioned in Clause 3.5 (a), (b), (c) & (d) (i.e. SC, ST, OBC & UPHC) should submit the following certificates as the case maybe at the time of counseling.
1. SC+ST For admission to a seat reserved for Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes, a certificate in original from an approved district authority stating the Scheduled Caste/Tribe, to which the candidate belongs. A list of approved authorities is given below:
. District Magistrate / Additional Magistrate / Deputy Commissioner / Collector / Additional Deputy Commissioner / Deputy Collector / 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate / City Magistrate (not below the rank of 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate), Sub-Divisional Magistrate / Taluka Magistrate / Executive Magistrate / Extra Assistant Commissioner.
. Chief Presidency Magistrate / Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate / Presidency Magistrate.
. Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
. Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the candidates and/or his/her family normally resides.
.Administrator/Secretary to Administration/Development Officer (Laccadive & Minicoy Islands).
2. For admission to a seat reserved for Wards / Children / Widows of Personnel of Armed / Para-Military forces killed / disabled in action during hostilities, entitlement card in original issued by the Record Officer of the Unit/Regiment of Armed Personnel of the Armed Forces in case of Armed Personnel or from the Home Ministry in case of Para-Military forces.
The Children / Widow of the officers and men of Armed forces including paramilitary personnel who died or disabled on duty must submit a certificate to that effect from the following authorities:
. Officer-in-Charge, Record Office.
Note: A statement to the effect that “the death/disability is attributed to military service” is required to be included in the certificate.
3. For admission to seat reserved for Physically Handicapped category, a certificate of physical disability issued by a duly notified Medical Board of a District/Government Hospital set up for examining the physically challenged candidates under the provision of the Persons with Disability (equal opportunities, protection of rights and full participation) Act 1995. The certificate should indicate the extent of (i.e. percentage) of the physical handicap and it should bear the photograph of the candidate concerned and it should be countersigned by one of the Doctors constituting the Board issuing the certificates.